Enjoy St. Croix Restaurant Week 2015
The U.S. Virgin Islands Department of Tourism has launched Restaurant Week on the island of St Croix from Wednesday, October 28 to Sunday, November 8, 2015.
Dubbed “Dine VI,” this culinary showcase is a 10-day celebration of the cuisine, culture and community of St. Croix, and will feature an array of events and dining experiences in addition to the traditional prix fixe menu offerings.
“We are highlighting the diverse culinary offerings found throughout our islands for Dine VI,” said Commissioner of Tourism Beverly Nicholson-Doty, who explained that “to fully appreciate the wide variety of culinary talent on St. Croix, we needed more than seven days.”
The Department of Tourism’s Manager of Product Development and Sustainable Marketing Carlotta Luis has been instrumental in spearheading this inaugural initiative, which according to Commissioner Nicholson-Doty has been carefully developed “to attract food aficionados and gourmands as well as culinary, travel and lifestyle journalists and influencers to cover the island’s burgeoning culinary scene.”
“Dine VI” festivities will incorporate various elements of the St. Croix community, including restaurants, farmers and purveyors, chefs and amateur cooks, schools, gospel groups, culture bearers, local businesses and more.
Featured events and activities include:
• Food Learn: A farm-to-table, educational culinary activity for young people, led by local Chef Frank Pugliese. This excursion will provide 80 students and administrators the opportunity to tour a farm, learn about the variety of produce, and enjoy a three-course meal made using the local ingredients harvested from the farm.
• Frederiksted Waterfront Entertainment and Food Truck
Festival: This event, produced in partnership with the Frederiksted Economic Development Association, features multiple food trucks prior to a concert highlighting leading Virgin Islands musical talent.
• Food Cruise: This culinary journey to the middle of St. Croix will commence with a rum tour – one stop at Captain Morgan and the other at the Cruzan Rum Distillery – followed by an excursion to sample the cuisine of three mid-island restaurants.
• Gospel Brunch: This fusion of food and fellowship will feature performances from local gospel groups and choirs at several venues.
• Feast Christiansted: A night of entertainment and fine dining experiences, produced in partnership with the Christiansted Restaurant and Retail Association. A musical “jump-up”, bartender demonstrations and restaurant specials will be presented.